No products in the basket.
Have you heard of Galentines day? I can’t believe I only just found out about it and it’s absolutely the best idea ever! So in case you’re as clueless as I was, here’s the low-down…
What exactly is Galentines day?
Galentines day was created by Leslie Knope. It takes place on February 13th (the day before Valentine’s day) and is a day to get together with your best girlfriends: a day for women to celebrate women.
“What’s Galentines day? Well, it’s only the best day of the year! Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
– Leslie Knope, Parks and Rec
Why Galentines day is better than Valentine’s day
- Single or not, we can all celebrate!
- Guys may come and go, but your girlfriends will always support, love and care for you.
- Valentine’s day can be depressing when you’re not in love, but spending time with friends will always make you feel good.
- You don’t have to wear Spanx for a date with your mates.
3 fabulous ways to celebrate Galentines day
- Get together with your best girlfriends for a fabulous brunch date – the original way to celebrate Galentines day, advocated by Leslie Knope.
- Make an online mixtape and send it to your besties. Include songs from your best nights out, holiday tunes, favourite film soundtracks and the time when you met. Here’s one I made earlier.
- If you can’t be with your friends on Galentines day, why not send them a card telling them how awesome they are and why you love them? Click on the image above to download a free printable image.
We have plenty of cards that would be perfect for celebrating friendship…
Or you could surprise a friend with a happy mail gift box (we can include any message you want inside).
And to my friends (who have taken me home when no taxi driver would, helped me heal my broken heart, made me laugh until I snorted gin and are the most loyal, brave, bright, beautiful bunch of women I know), I love you x