No products in the basket.
Want to know the secret of fantastic snail mail..?
..it’s the little extras! Be they bought, drawn, folded or cut and pasted, everyone loves to open a letter and have something fall out of it. It is so exciting to receive some happy mail with a special something inside.
So what exactly should we include in super snail mail?
Well, here are 20 ideas of small things to include with a letter (did we forget any..?)
- Origami – learn how to fold an animal or two out of paper and you will always be able to brighten up your letters. You could also include some origami paper so your friend can give it a go too.
- Washi tape – choose a design or colour that your friend will love. They might even use some on their return envelope.
- Cute post-it notes
- A scratch card – especially if you are sending snail mail to celebrate a birthday or achievement.
- Clips or pegs – we made ours using small plain bulldog clips fancied-up with some colourful geometric washi tape.
- Mini envelopes – for a tiny letter within a letter (you can find a tutorial and free template here)!
- Sweets (candy) – a little packet of sweets or a lolly will brighten up anyone’s day.
- Some tiny original art – draw or paint a picture, make a collage, but make it teeny tiny.
- Erasers (mini ones, in pretty colours, or cool shapes)
- A packet of seeds
- Some tea – fancy, unusual or herbal. Hot chocolate sachets are also great.
- A ransom note – use this free image to create a fun note by cutting out letters and sticking them into a funny message (you could threaten to eat their chocolate or kidnap their bear)!
- Temporary tattoos – loads of fun for grown-ups and kids alike.
- A printable Q&A sheet like the one in this post for them to complete and return.
- Cool plasters – paper cuts always feel better with a Goofy plaster on them, right?
- Stickers – perfect for snail mail replies.
- Stationery – some lovely paper, or a sweet notecard to use.
- Postcards – include a few and tie them up with some gorgeous twine.
- Sprinkles, glitter or confetti of any kind!
- Stamps, vouchers or cold hard cash – this is especially useful for a struggling student.
So now you know the secret of sending brilliant snail mail!
Please share the secret with your friends and followers on Pinterest.