No products in the basket.
Q: What the heck do I do with washi tape anyway?!
A: Well, the possibilities are endless (truly!), but over the next few months I would like to share some of my favourite ideas with you, starting with a super simple washi tape jam jar vase.
This is perfect for brightening up a windowsill or mantelpiece and makes a gorgeous frugal DIY option for a vintage or country wedding table centre.
To make a washi tape jam jar vase, you will need:
- a clean, empty jam jar (my favourite shape is the Stokes jam jar and I wish I could buy them wholesale)!
- 2 or 3 washi tapes of your choice (this is an easy way to incorporate wedding colours)
- fresh wild or garden flowers
How to make a washi tape jam jar vase:
- Make sure your jam jar is completely dry
- Wrap your washi tape around the jar, lining it up carefully to meet at the other end. Don’t worry if you make a mistake – the great thing about washi tape is that it peels right off again (like masking tape), so you can reposition it as often as you like!
- Of course you don’t have to keep your washi tape stripes evenly spaced or horizontal. You could spiral around the jam jar, make crosses (kisses!) with it, or cut short pieces in many different colours to look like confetti.
- Once you are happy with your design, add some water and wild flowers to your jam jar vase.
TIP: You can make your own washi lace by using double-sided tape with lace ribbon.
I love how gorgeous these look for really very little cost.
Do take a look at our washi tape range if you’re looking for a specific colour for your jam jar vase.